At OCEANO BOUTIQUE HOTEL & RESIDENCE we stress the importance of privacy and are committed to earning the trust of our guests by adopting high standards for the protection of personal information.
Our policy outlines the type of personal information we collect and receive, the circumstances in which we collect or receive personal information, the policies and procedures we have established outlining its use and storage, and for sharing certain types of personal information in certain limited circumstances, the procedures you should follow if you have any questions or requests in respect of your personal information or our policies and procedures and the person to whom such questions or requests should be directed, and the means by which to communicate with that person.
In this policy, personal information means information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, e-mail address or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available and is not part of your work identification.
It also includes information on guest preferences and usage, when such information is supplied to or recorded by OCEANO BOUTIQUE HOTEL & RESIDENCE in the course of transacting business with an individual.
The Privacy Protection Policy does not apply to information regarding OCEANO BOUTIQUE HOTEL & RESIDENCE corporate customers. However, such information is protected by other OCEANO BOUTIQUE HOTEL & RESIDENCE policies and practices and through contractual arrangements.
HOW YOU MAY PROVIDE US YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. By making a reservation or by using OCEANO BOUTIQUE HOTEL & RESIDENCE services.
2. By booking through a third party websites or with a Travel Agency.
3. By providing it to us in communications regarding service delivery such as comment cards.
4. By providing the information to us by participating in a marketing initiative.
5. By visiting our website or Landing Pages.
Below we will outline the type of information normally collected in each of these circumstances, the reasons for doing so, how we will use it and store it.
MAKING A RESERVATION
When making a reservation or using OCEANO BOUTIQUE HOTEL & RESIDENCE services it is necessary to have information in order to identify you, contact you and to process your purchase and requests. This information usually includes your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, credit card number and expiration date, and language preference. It may also include, if you choose to share that information with us, your preferences regarding the delivery of your service such as type of room, type of bed, and the like. You may wish to have your purchase of OCEANO BOUTIQUE HOTEL & RESIDENCE’ services recognized in a third party’s loyalty program with which OCEANO BOUTIQUE HOTEL & RESIDENCE has a relationship. To do so will require you providing us certain verification information such as your membership number in the third party program. We also offer special discounts from time to time that may have qualifying criteria. To assess your eligibility and process your reservation correctly, we need to record your date of birth at the time of booking. You will be required to provide personal identification with your date of birth in order to verify this upon check-in. You may also be asked to register your car’s plate number for security reasons upon check-in.
Your personal information is shared with OCEANO BOUTIQUE HOTEL & RESIDENCE employees involved in delivering the service to you to the extent necessary for them to do so and to process the transaction. All tour agencies and booking engines that collect personal information while conducting a reservation for OCEANO BOUTIQUE HOTEL & RESIDENCE are required to agree to abide by the terms of this Privacy Protection Policy.
From time to time, we offer packages or other services that involve third parties. If you are partaking of such a package or service, your personal information will be shared with that third party to the extent necessary to provide that service and process the purchase or request.
OCEANO BOUTIQUE HOTEL & RESIDENCE may use the information you provide to send you offers and information about OCEANO BOUTIQUE HOTEL & RESIDENCE services and those of select third parties. Your information will not be given to these third parties but rather the offer of the third party will be provided to OCEANO BOUTIQUE HOTEL & RESIDENCE which will manage the distribution.
If you do not wish to receive such offers and information you may unsubscribe or opt-out by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line “Unsubscribe”, so indicating your request with sufficient personal identifiers so we can appropriately act on your request. All our marketing communication of this type will also contain instructions for unsubscribing.
USING THIRD PARTY BOOKING ENGINES AND TRAVEL AGENCIES
Individuals interested in booking their stay at OCEANO BOUTIQUE HOTEL & RESIDENCE may wish to do so through a third party website or agency. Although registration is not required to view those site, it is required to enable bookings and other functions on those websites. The personal information you provide during registration is used to validate your identity and to enable us to manage and administer your booking on the website. We may also use your information to contact you about updates or changes to the reservation, content that may be of interest to you, or other offers and information related to OCEANO BOUTIQUE HOTEL & RESIDENCE or marketing partners whose products and services may be of interest to you.
Know that your personal information may be accessed, administered or stored by such third parties to the extent reasonably required for them to perform such services as hotel reservations. Some service providers may be located in other jurisdictions that do not have privacy legislation similar to that found in Costa Rica, and information in such jurisdictions may be accessed pursuant to the laws of those countries.
INFORMATION PROVIDED TO US IN COMMUNICATIONS REGARDING SERVICE DELIVERY SUCH AS COMMENT CARDS
Information provided to us in such a fashion will be used solely for the purpose of recording your comments, communicating with you in respect of them, reviewing them with the subject hotel and hotel personnel, for the purposes of recognizing employees for excellence of service delivery and for developing improvements in service delivery.
OCEANO BOUTIQUE HOTEL & RESIDENCE OFFERS YOU THE ABILITY TO RECEIVE TARGETED, TIMELY NOTIFICATION OF TIME SENSITIVE OFFERS
To sign up for this service we require you to provide us with your e-mail address, first name, last name, language preference, and country of residence. You may unsubscribe at any time using the link provided on every e-mail message and you will no longer receive e-mail offers and promotions for the specified subscription or website, as the case may be. You may at any time in the future opt-in to receive e-mail offers.
BY VISITING ONE OF OUR WEBSITES OR LANDING PAGES
We may also evaluate our content and services and tailor our websites, for visitors, based on other information we collect, such as IP addresses, which are numbers assigned to your computer whenever you use the Internet, pixel tags (or clear gifs), and the type of Internet browser or operating system you are using. This information is collected in the aggregate, but we may tie it to your personal information through cookie use as described above.
If you do not wish to have data relating to your visits to our websites collected through Google Analytics, you may opt-out by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. You may also opt-out of data collection through Adobe Analytics by visiting Adobe’s Privacy Center. You may opt-out of Facebook Custom Audiences by visiting Facebook’s opt-out page.
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. To establish and maintain a responsible commercial relationship with you and to provide ongoing service.
2. To understand your needs and preferences. We maintain a record of the products and services you receive from us and we may ask for additional information so that we can serve you better. For example, we may record your preference for type of room.
3. To develop, enhance, market or provide products and services. For example, we look at our guests’ use of our services so that we can better understand how to improve our services.
4. To manage and develop our business and operations. For example we analyze guest patterns of usage of our hotels and services to help us manage them efficiently and plan for future growth.
5. To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We disclose personal information only in these limited circumstances:
1. We may disclose a guest’s personal information to a person who, in the reasonable judgment of OCEANO BOUTIQUE HOTEL & RESIDENCE, is seeking the information as an agent of the guest – for example, a travel agent who is booking a reservation on behalf of the guest.
2. Personal information will be shared with the OCEANO BOUTIQUE HOTEL & RESIDENCE staff so that they may provide the services you have reserved.
3. Personal information will be shared with a third party involved in supplying the guest with the services they have purchased to the extent necessary to effect the supply and the processing of the transaction.
4. Personal information may be shared with a third party retained by OCEANO BOUTIQUE HOTEL & RESIDENCE to perform functions on its behalf such as reservations handling, data processing or storage, guest surveys or research.
5. Personal information may be shared with an agent retained by OCEANO BOUTIQUE HOTEL & RESIDENCE to evaluate a customer’s credit worthiness or in order to collect a customer’s account.
6. Personal information may be shared with a public authority or an agent of public authority if in the reasonable judgment of OCEANO BOUTIQUE HOTEL & RESIDENCE it appears that there is an imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information, or which disclosure is compelled by legal authority.
Any such disclosure of a guest’s personal information by OCEANO BOUTIQUE HOTEL & RESIDENCE to a third party will be made only on a confidential basis conditioned upon the information being used only for the purpose for which it has been disclosed.
1. OCEANO BOUTIQUE HOTEL & RESIDENCE will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose than those identified above, except with your consent.
2. OCEANO BOUTIQUE HOTEL & RESIDENCE will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards.
3. OCEANO BOUTIQUE HOTEL & RESIDENCE will take appropriate steps to protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with third parties.
4. OCEANO BOUTIQUE HOTEL & RESIDENCE will strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up to date as is necessary for the purposes identified above.
5. OCEANO BOUTIQUE HOTEL & RESIDENCE will honor your request to access your personal information in as timely fashion as is reasonably possible.
You are always free to refuse to provide personal information to us.
You may also withdraw your consent with respect to the use of your personal information for marketing purposes at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, by e-mailing us at email@example.com, using ‘Unsubscribe’ as the subject line, and providing us sufficient personal identifiers so we can act effectively on your request.
However, in either case, this may limit our ability to serve you.
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices or wish to make a request in respect of your personal information please contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or if you prefer by writing us at:
OCEANO BOUTIQUE HOTEL & RESIDENCE
Calle Lapa Verde
500 metros este de la Pops
Costa Rica, 61101